Website Monmouth Regional Chamber of Commerce
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt
The goal of Monmouth Regional Chamber of Commerce (“MRCC” or “chamber”) is to help its members achieve their business goals and to be an active protagonist in the overall development of Monmouth County. For more information, please visit www.monmouthregionalchamber.com
The Executive Director (ED) is employed by the Board of Directors of the Monmouth Regional Chamber of Commerce and is responsible for effectively leading the organization such that it successfully achieves its mission of service to members. Specific areas of responsibility include executive leadership of the staff of the organization; support of positive member relations; executive support to the Board of Directors; and community connecting/liaison activities.
Leadership & Management:
• Develop and execute an effective strategy to grow the membership with an emphasis on larger entities.
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program and event evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
• Actively engage and energize MRCC volunteers, board members, partnering organizations, and sponsors
• Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee/volunteer team, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for all operations.
• Partnering with political and community leaders, including local charities and other local endeavors to promote the well-being of the community at large
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain MRCC staff and volunteers
• Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, sponsors, and other constituents
• Regularly evaluates existing revenue generating programs such as, but not limited to, chamber membership packages, sponsorship programs, events and actively creates enhancements as needed to ensure relevancy and that optimal results are being achieved
Fundraising & Communications:
• Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities by generating high quality new members, retaining current members, promoting event sponsorships and ensuring that membership fees are up-to-date
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
Planning & New Business:
• Design county-wide expansion and develop strategic business plan for county-wide expansion and development into new markets
• Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with sponsors, and political and community leaders across the county
• Be an external local presence that publishes and communicates program results through media
The ED will be thoroughly committed to MRCC’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred (but not required), with at least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance volunteer teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
• Proven ability to work with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
• Strong marketing, sales, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee of the chamber to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
No overnight travel is expected for this position. There will be local day/evening travel.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the chamber is faced with an organizational emergency, employees is such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the chamber.
MRCC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please respond with cover letter by 7/21/2017 to: Admin@MonmouthRegionalChamber.com
To apply for this job email your details to Admin@MonmouthRegionalChamber.com