International ATHENA Award Program
The International ATHENA Award Program recognizes an individual for business and professional accomplishments, for community service and especially for mentoring others and acting as a role model to encourage women to achieve their leadership potential.
The ATHENA Leadership Award celebrates exemplary leadership and is reflective of a quote by Plato: “What is honored in a country will be cultivated there”. Over 6000 recipients have been honored with the ATHENA Leadership Award since the program’s inception in 1982.
Presented to leaders across professional sectors, the ATHENA Leadership Award’s rich history, international scope and focus on mentorship distinguish it as one of the most prestigious leadership awards one can receive.
The Honorary Chair of the committee is always the previous year’s recipient.
ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
- ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector.
- Previous ATHENA Leadership Award Recipients are not eligible for nomination, however past nominees may be nominated again.
- There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees.
The 2017 ATHENA Award Luncheon will be held on Friday, November 3 at 11:30 AM. More information to follow shortly
2017 Honorary Chair: Ivy Jacot of Veitengruber Law, Wall, NJ
NOMINATION FORMS FOR THE 2017 ATHENA LEADERSHIP AWARD MAY BE FOUND HERE.
NOMINATION FORMS FOR THE 2017 ATHENA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP AWARD MAY BE FOUND HERE.
COMPLETED NOMINATION FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE GMCC OFFICE NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15