International ATHENA Award Program
The International ATHENA Award Program recognizes an individual for business and professional accomplishments, for community service and especially for mentoring others and acting as a role model to encourage women to achieve their leadership potential.
The ATHENA Leadership Award celebrates exemplary leadership and is reflective of a quote by Plato: “What is honored in a country will be cultivated there”. Over 6000 recipients have been honored with the ATHENA Leadership Award since the program’s inception in 1982.
Presented to leaders across professional sectors, the ATHENA Leadership Award’s rich history, international scope and focus on mentorship distinguish it as one of the most prestigious leadership awards one can receive.
ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
- ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector.
- Previous ATHENA Leadership Award Recipients are not eligible for nomination, however past nominees may be nominated again.
- There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees.
The ATHENA Program Committee will review your nomination form to ensure it meets the qualifications and eligibility based on the criteria outlined above. Submitting a form does not guarantee a nomination. You will be notified of your nomination status after the deadline submission date.
The ATHENA Award Selection Committee, made up of a diverse group of community leaders, will review final nominations and select the ATHENA (Young Professional ATHENA) Leadership Award Recipient. The recipient will be announced at the MRCC ATHENA Awards Luncheon on November 1, 2019. All nominees must be present at the luncheon to accept the award.
The 2019 ATHENA Award Luncheon will be held on Friday, November 1 at 11:30 AM at The Radisson of Freehold, 50 Gibson Place, Freehold, NJ 07728.
2019 Honorary Chair: Ivy Jacot of Veitengruber Law, Wall, NJ
NOMINATION FORMS FOR THE 2019 ATHENA LEADERSHIP AWARD MAY BE FOUND HERE.
NOMINATION FORMS FOR THE 2019 ATHENA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP AWARD MAY BE FOUND HERE.
COMPLETED NOMINATION FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE MRCC OFFICE NO LATER THAN JULY 1st.
EMAIL TO ADMIN@MONMOUTHREGIONALCHAMBER.COM.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE.